FantasyHockey.com Forums

The Official Home of Fantasy Hockey
It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rankings..
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:54 am 

Ian...absolutely must put Keith Yandle in those Defenseman rankings he'd fall somewhere in the 12-16 range and will build on the 12-29-41 +16 he put up last year with an improved Coyote PP/offensive core...again not only is he top 30, he's top 15 outright with major upside on top of it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:00 pm 

Agree with you in that Yandle should be moved into the top 30. I'll do that the next time I update the rankings.

I disagree about Yandle as a top 15 d-man, though. Maybe it's because I'm not as sold on the Coyotes as you are. Yandle has had only one solid fantasy season (last season). Many of the Coyotes overachieved last season, so Yandle's numbers will be affected if the Coyotes fall back to earth this season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:23 pm 

My problem with Yandle is that he plays for a team, I feel, way over played last year. I see a back to earth year for him this year along with anybody in a Pheonix uniform.

I Think he finishes around a 8-23-31 with a -3. Roughly of course.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:07 pm 

Ian Gooding wrote:
Agree with you in that Yandle should be moved into the top 30. I'll do that the next time I update the rankings.

I disagree about Yandle as a top 15 d-man, though. Maybe it's because I'm not as sold on the Coyotes as you are. Yandle has had only one solid fantasy season (last season). Many of the Coyotes overachieved last season, so Yandle's numbers will be affected if the Coyotes fall back to earth this season.

Ian..what do you think about Yandle as a top 15 defensman now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:34 pm 

I guess I was wrong. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:32 pm 

I see one glaring needed change in your goalie rankings and that is the goalie in this state. Overall, he may only have 19 wins, but going into tonight, he's 8th in gaa and 3rd in save % and he's only let up 1 goal through 2 periods. Since the turn of the year, Nik has played in 10 games, he's 6-3-1, has a 95.2% save, and has a 1.50 gaa. oh, and 2 shutouts.

***edit*** make that 11 games, 7-3-1, 95.2% save, 1.45 gaa..... plus now he has 20 wins, and jumped up to 5th in gaa.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:20 am 

I will consider moving Backstrom up the next time I edit the rankings. Some good info on him there, Wild Homer (just kidding :p).

To rank him as a top-10 goalie would be the subject of a good debate. Right now he's at #13.